The next moment, in my altered state, i realized the depth of how I was not only robbing myself of knowing her but that I was robbing her of knowing me. I had nothing to lose.
I ran upstairs and told Morgan about this concept. These moments of life where we realize we want to tell someone the truth and FEAR takes over. We came up with the concept of #TruthMoment.
Now… I did a search on Twitter and realized that #TruthMoment is not an original thought. So, let’s give credit where its due. However, is a new concept for me and Tuff Love.
So this week, we discuss the concept of HOW to tell an intense truth to your friends, partners and FB crushes.
The #TruthMoment Practice
- Get agreement from the Participants that they wish to engage in the Practice
- Agree on a time-limit for the practice (e.g. a day, a week, a month)
- Relay to your partner that you have a #TruthMoment (in-person preferred, other communication techniques acceptable. “TruthMoment?”
- Your partner says “YES” or “NO” (either totally acceptable answer)
- As quickly as possible, deliver the #TruthMoment
- The partner says “Thank you”
- The partner MAY NOT RESPOND to the #TruthMoment for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Either partner may deliver another #TruthMoment or respond to the one delivered